Mandatory for all Red Ensign flagged commercial yachts over 24 meters and under 500GRT to have on board a Safety Management System. The system, referred to in the industry as the ‘Mini – ISM’, is effectively a trimmed down version of the requirements of the International Safety Management (ISM) Code.
Pelagos Yachts has a user friendly and flag state approved Mini ISM system SMS for yachts fitting this category, using the guidelines as laid out by the MCA. Our SMS includes:
- Straightforward health and safety guidelines
- A clear layout of lines of communication throughout the chain of command
- Comprehensive preparation for and response to emergency situations, as well as checklists for drills and relevant contact information
- A thorough policy on prevention of drug and alcohol abuse
- Statements of authority, together with documents to clarify responsibilities
- An informative guide to training and familiarisation of new crew, as well as guests, to the relevant health and safety procedures
- Clear checklists to be used for all onboard procedures, including passage planning, change-overs, anchorage etc
- A breakdown of routines for thorough inspection and maintenance of all equipment
- A suitable waste disposal system in accordance with Prevention of Pollution Regulations
- Regular support and review opportunities from Pelagos Yachts.